Password for creating new user. Make weaker?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
frfu8670

Password for creating new user. Make weaker?

Post by frfu8670 »

When I create a new user, I have to choose a password which meets the following requirements.
Password can not be less than 8 characters in length and must contain one or more following characters: 0-9, a-z and A-Z
Is there a way I can change this setting? Or even remove this restriction altogether?

Thanks
Hardfecx

Re: Password for creating new user. Make weaker?

Post by Hardfecx »

I don't think so, it's anSecurity Level, like you see it on Windows
frfu8670

Post by frfu8670 »

Hardfecx wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 03:10 I don't think so, it's anSecurity Level, like you see it on Windows
Thanks. I was hoping I could change it somehow since it is quite annoying for testing purposes.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The password restriction could be set by yourself in TOS 4.2.04, while it's beta version at the moment.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
frfu8670

Post by frfu8670 »

TMSupport wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 14:03 The password restriction could be set by yourself in TOS 4.2.04, while it's beta version at the moment.
Thanks. Do you know when TOS 4.2.04 will be generally available?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Not so sure yet, there are a lot of different between 4.2 and 4.1. And there may be a lot of issues to be fixed, not sure when a stable version is available yet.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
frfu8670

Post by frfu8670 »

TMSupport wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 16:39 Not so sure yet, there are a lot of different between 4.2 and 4.1. And there may be a lot of issues to be fixed, not sure when a stable version is available yet.
I see. Guess I'll have to patiently wait.
doctorgpd

Post by doctorgpd »

Hi,
I follow this post in order to wait the update.

I need to set a password with a semicolon (;) char in order to grant a compatibility to all the user set on workstation PC. In ssh i have changed the admin (and root) password but the password of web interface and smb isn't change. I am looking for a way to change those passwords using the command line.

If i'll find a way, i'll report in this post. :)

In the mean time, i'll wait for the update.
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Have you tried to create a test account, and then change it's password via SSH to see if it updates? I can see my test user in the /etc/passwd file, which means that it is a full Linux user even if created via the TOS interface.

You can update the Linux login by logging in as root and running: passwd UserName
.. and you can try to update the Samba password using: smbpasswd UserName

I suggest trying this with a test account just in case.

Hope this helps.
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
doctorgpd

Post by doctorgpd »

Hi!

I've tried smbpasswd and passwd and it was all done. Also the afb passwd file has worked. :)

Now i've to resolve only web interface login. I've noticed that there is a httpd password file that could manage the interface login but after changed the password inside, it doesn't work.

Anyway i'll continue to investigate about a solution. The important issue was about the smb login and now it has been fixed. :)