Why does re-installing TOS take so long?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Lambert

Why does re-installing TOS take so long?

Post by Lambert »

I recently installed a WD 12gb drive into my F2-210, which I purchased a few months ago. I was experiencing some weird issues with TOS so I decided to use the "Reset system configuration" option and then re-install TOS.

I decided to download the image file from the Terra Master website and install TOS_A1.0_Install_ARM4.1_4.1.30_2008031214_2008061204.ins.

However, now the installation process has been sitting at 50% for 3 days! I restarted the process once to see if that would help but it did not. The HDD 1 light is flashing and I think I can hear the drive is doing something. Is it scanning every single sector of the 12gb disk before it installs? How long do I have to wait?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Why does re-installing TOS take so long?

Post by TMroy »

Did you install a TOS 4.2 beta version before you re-install your TOS?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Lambert

Post by Lambert »

Hi Roy,
No - I also had 4.1.30 installed before I re-installed. The installation is still going. It's on the 4th day now. Should I start the re-install again? Or will that just lose all the progress I have made so far?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com and we will arrange a remotely check for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Lambert

Post by Lambert »

OK - will do. Thanks.