Permissions problems

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
tmoran1116

Permissions problems

Post by tmoran1116 »

Hello,
I've got an F5-420.
5 disks in RAID-5/btrfs.
1 external USB drive.
I just upgraded it to TOS 4.1.18 today.
I saw no issues during the upgrade.
Now, I cannot write to the disks on it, and I am experiencing other bizarre behavior.

Here is what I notice.
I could log in to the web gui with the admin account, and see my data for maybe 10 minutes.
I could read and download it in that window.

I cannot delete it, or change the names of any files.
I cannot create a new folder\share either.
I get an error telling me that I don't have write permission to the folders.
When I check the properties, I do have read write, and when i check the box to set inheritance at the top level, it appears to work, but it doesn't.
After about ten minutes, i will get logged out of the gui, and I am unable to log back in until I reboot the NAS.

If I log in as the admin account via SSH, i get an error that I cannot chdir to my home directory.

It is as if my permissions get revoked as the NAS is running until I get forced out.

The logs in the gui aren't helpful.

I see a slew of these when i run dmesg via ssh:

144.438707] BTRFS error (device dm-0): parent transid verify failed on 46252032 wanted 2876918 found 2787746

Anybody have any idea what I could do to keep my data?

Thanks,

Tom
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Permissions problems

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, as for all the issues you reported, is it ok to let our engineer have a remote session to check and help you? Please contact us at support@terra-master.com to confirm the session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi tm221,
I have found something wrong with your ram, that maybe the key reason to cause you so many issues.

1. the model F2-221 equiped a intel CPU J3355, the CPU supports max 8GB memory, but you installed totally 10GB memory;https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 5-ghz.html
2. you are using a non official ram stick, this ram stick was not certified by TerraMaster, that may cuase many issues for you;

You better do something for your wrong hardware configuration.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pfos

Post by pfos »

I also have one of the above mentioned Problems!!! I have tried multiple times to check both the read/write permissions of the external hard drive. admin is set to read/write, and i have performed -set all subdirectories to parent folder". When I log on to my other folders i can read/write as admin all I want. As of the external, I am unable to write anything to it either by TOS system or logged in via SMB. This external Hard Drive is formatted to HFS+ Journaled. I have looked up and possibly this is a problem? If i connect the hard drive to my Apple airport and share the disk, i have read/write permissions across the board. Is it the HFS that is stopping the file transfers?? I would love to have transfer capability because both the drive and the NAS have usb 3.0. My nas is a f4-210.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

HFS+ format is supported, while your TOS version should be higher than TOS 4.1.27. What's your current TOS version now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
pfos

Post by pfos »

tos 4.1.30, other problem is that I am unable to backup this HD to anything else being that it IS my backup, and is my biggest Hard drive
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Does your external drive show up in File manager? Can you open your files on your external drive?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
pfos

Post by pfos »

The external drive is visable,on TOS and on SMB or AFP. I can open the files from external drive from any device. I cannot ADD files from TOS, or ANY other device. The permissions under TOS are read/write admin (no other users). From ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 under permissions tab, there arent Any. Under permissions in Mac they are Administrator Read/Write. I cannot add any files, from any device including TOS TO the external hard drive with admin read/write permissions.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Hi I have exactly the same problem with my newly purchased F2-422 (standard 4GB RAM, TOS 4.1.30-2008051459) when connecting any USB device, the permissions do not allow write access. This happens both in file manager and also when connected to the drive via NAS on my Mac. Image
Please see attached images.

I have to say the hardware on the device is amazing but the OS/Software isn't even close to the other providers. I also have a now rather old QNAP TS453A and despite not having 10Gbe networking, it's a much more useful device and with 4x Drives in a Raid10 and LAG over 4x 1Gb ports not exactly slow. But the real difference is the OS and supporting apps.
Attachments
screenshot_35.jpg
screenshot_33.png
screenshot_32.png
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The USB storage device attached to your TNAS is writeable only for admin user or user belong to admin group. Please make sure you writing to your USB device with a correct user account, or you can change a USB device and try again.