Permissions problems

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Permissions problems

Post by TMroy »

My pleasure. Glad to know you are on the right way now.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Janipka

Post by Janipka »

TMroy wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 20:26 My pleasure. Glad to know you are on the right way now.
By the way... do you know any backup program that just copies files from PC disk to Nas, and then check changes and replace/add/erase files like you do in the PC disk?? I mean working with folders/files, not making images like Acronis, AOMEI backupper and so...
I used SilverKeeper on MAC, but now i´m on PC and can´t find something similar... :?

Thanks!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

i am afraid that we don't have good suggestions if Aomei Backupper could not meet your requirements.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dmderev

Post by dmderev »

"The USB storage device attached to your TNAS is writeable only for admin user or user belong to admin group. Please make sure you writing to your USB device with a correct user account, or you can change a USB device and try again."

This is not very intuitive and is different from defaults found on many wireless routers where attachment of USB device automounts the file system and then allows default user access. IMHO, the limitation of having only admin to access it needs to be removed or made editable. I would like to configure it, not having to be just restricted default.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dmderev
Permission management for USB device will be implemented in near future release.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
smckee

Post by smckee »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Janipka

How was this solved? I have the same problem. Everything was working fine until a few days ago and suddenly I can no longer write to the USB that is attached directly to the NAS. I can't copy even though the window I'm copying to says it is connected as admin.
smckee

Post by smckee »

I believe I finally fixed this myself by passing the permissions from the parent directory to the children using the TNAS application.

Right click the USB drive, Select Property->Permission, Check Inherit permission to all subdirectories, press Confirm.
scorpian007

Post by scorpian007 »

I'm having horrendous performance issues with my F4-210 which I got yesterday. Have 3x4TB Seagate Drives + 1x3TB Seagate drive in JBOD.

It starts copying at 60-70Mb/s, but then slows down to a crawl around 2-3MB/s with the occasional spike to 60Mb/s for a few seconds.

I'm running SMB only, turned off all other services (i.e. AFS, NFS), no dockers, no apps installed.

Running gigabit ethernet throughout the house, with a high end Ubiquiti switch. The NAS also just completely dies sometimes (web UI + SMB) and I have to do a hard reboot, and even after that most of the time my shares go completely missing or I completely lose permissions to them. I've also had to reset to factory defaults a few times due to this.

Some of the older share names I was using can't be re-used as it thinks the name already exists, even after the factory reboot.

Running the latest TOS 4.2.13-2106041842. Thought this NAS might be good enough for basic SMB but I'm at my wits end. My Unraid NAS connected to the same switch performs without any issues so I know it's not an issue with the switch or network config.

Any ideas before I return this?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}scorpian007
please make sure you are using a original power adaptor from TerraMaster, and check if your hard drive is healthy. From my experience, most of system crash are related to unhealthy hard drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
scorpian007

Post by scorpian007 »

I only got it yesterday so it's the original power adaptor. The hard drives are healthy as they copy at 100-130MB/sec inside my PC and there are no SMART errors.