Permissions problems

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Permissions problems

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise whether the external drive is connected to the NAS through the USB port directly or any hub?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Janipka

Post by Janipka »

Hi. I have same problems here... Got a F2-210, and since a couple of days ago, I can´t write on my disk. I have copied movies and Backup archives, from the Desktop App, and directly from the ftp connection.
Now I can read all the content, but can not write. Windows says I need permissions. What´s goin on??? I need to fix this!!
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

TMroy wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 20:11 The USB storage device attached to your TNAS is writeable only for admin user or user belong to admin group. Please make sure you writing to your USB device with a correct user account, or you can change a USB device and try again.
Hi, thanks for the reply, if you look at photo 2, you will see it's the admin account, I added second user and also added him to the admin group, still the same issue. It remains the same, still unable to write to any drive connected via USB, I tried a drive formatted in HFS, then tried formatting drives using the NAS, then tried formatting a drive in EXT4, then exFAT and finally FAT32 and no change, tried with a Lacie Porsche Design drive I had spare. Nothing worked.
Last edited by Charlie_Croker on 10 Oct 2020, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

TMSupport wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 17:13 Please advise whether the external drive is connected to the NAS through the USB port directly or any hub?
Hi, thanks for the reply, the devices are connected directly to the NAS and not via any hub.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, thanks for the reply, the devices are connected directly to the NAS and not via any hub.
Hi, is it ok to let our engineer remotely check it? please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi. I have same problems here... Got a F2-210, and since a couple of days ago, I can´t write on my disk. I have copied movies and Backup archives, from the Desktop App, and directly from the ftp connection.
Now I can read all the content, but can not write. Windows says I need permissions. What´s goin on??? I need to fix this!!
You can also send email to support(at)terra-master.com to arrange a remotely check.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

TMSupport wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 09:13
Hi, is it ok to let our engineer remotely check it? please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
Hi,

I will drop an email to your engineer now

Kind Regards
Janipka

Post by Janipka »

Solved with your help. Thanks!

Now... I have two disks in the NAS, but only one appear in explorer. How can I acces both drives?? They´re initialized and working (can see them in TOS Control Panel--Volumes)

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Have you created a shared folder on your second volume?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Janipka

Post by Janipka »

TMroy wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 19:49 Have you created a shared folder on your second volume?
No... Sorry. I didn´t know I had to create... The first Disk created folders itself (when I initialized, I guess)

Now I have created a shared folder in the 2nd disk and it worked!!

Thanks!!!