TOS is full of Typos and Errors

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
RSB123

TOS is full of Typos and Errors

Post by RSB123 »

Is it normal that TOS is so full of typos and spelling mistake errors all over the GUI? I wonder if my brand new F2-421 has some sort of virus?

For example when you go to the 'Applications' icon from the desktop, then scroll down to anything in Beta, instead of Beta it says 'Bate'!! So it's bate for fishing or bate to make you click on it? ha! :D
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS is full of Typos and Errors

Post by TMroy »

Sorry for the mistake! But we have corrected it, please update to 4.1.29; would you give us more examples?
beta.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

RSB123 wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 21:35 Is it normal that TOS is so full of typos and spelling mistake errors all over the GUI? I wonder if my brand new F2-421 has some sort of virus?

For example when you go to the 'Applications' icon from the desktop, then scroll down to anything in Beta, instead of Beta it says 'Bate'!! So it's bate for fishing or bate to make you click on it? ha! :D
You have to remember that Terramaster are a Chinese company and a lot of the software and application listings have to be translated and we all know how translations can be.
RSB123

Post by RSB123 »

Thanks for your replies. Yeah that's fine - I can live with translation mistakes. Good to know it's just how it is.

I was originally just worried it had some form of Virus or Malware, because typically when you start seeing spelling mistakes and typos in messages from any system OS, you know it's infected and the message you think is from your OS is actually from the malware...

I've seen probably 5 or 6 different typos. When I next come across them, I'll screenshot them and record how I got the message etc.. and will update this thread. Maybe that will help you guys.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

FWIW, motd for root login under console (ssh) is incorrect, with something with Wellcom, instead of Welcome ;)
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients