VGA to HDMI pinouts?

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
Tricky
Great Britain

VGA to HDMI pinouts?

Post by Tricky »

Can you tell me what the pin connections are for the F5-221 are as i have just bought a generic adapter in order to access the bios but cannot get a display so suspect that pins are not correct?
DiscoSi

Re: VGA to HDMI pinouts?

Post by DiscoSi »

Tricky wrote: 12 Jul 2020, 03:48 Can you tell me what the pin connections are for the F5-221 are as i have just bought a generic adapter in order to access the bios but cannot get a display so suspect that pins are not correct?
No idea on the pinouts sorry, but are you using somthing like this:

HDMI to VGA, TechRise Gold Plated High-Speed 1080P Active HDTV HDMI to VGA ... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E8DD6J6/ ... cFbRK787PH

That's the one I've got and works just fine for me, no need to mess with the motherboard headers if you've got the F5-221 as it's got the HDMI port on the back.
F5-221 TOS 4.2.09 4x4TB Seagate Ironwolf, 1x240GB Ironwolf SSD (Cache)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

I bought this one from eBay but get no signal report from the monitor....I also have the F5-221.

Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Anyone know what HDCP version the F5-221 HDMI output supports?
DiscoSi

Post by DiscoSi »

I can't directly answer your question, but this might help. The Celeron J3355 in our units has integrated Intel® HD Graphics 500 for the video output, this does support HDCP (Intel might even have been part of developing the standard, can't recall eactly). As to the version though, I couldn't find too much detail in a quick google search, you might have more luck.

Out of interest, what are you hoping to do? Play video directly to a TV from the onboard HDMI? I'll be interested to hear if you manage it :-) In theory I guess it's possible as the guts of the NAS units are effectively just a small form factor PC, albeit somewhat custom developed.
F5-221 TOS 4.2.09 4x4TB Seagate Ironwolf, 1x240GB Ironwolf SSD (Cache)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Thanks for the info, no i am simply trying to get the bios screen on a monitor so i can install and boot up from Freenas via a USB stick.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Finally got a converter that shows the screen....now the problem is a cant log in use the admin and then the password i have set but it wont accept it.....so can a resident techy tell me if there is a default password to access the bios?

Return to “System Configuration”