How to prevent the loud Beeps at startup?

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
TedZ

How to prevent the loud Beeps at startup?

Post by TedZ »

Can anyone tell me how to prevent the incredibly loud and annoying BEEPS when my TerraMaster F2-210 starts up normally? I'm not talking about how to stop them once they've started, I'm talking about preventing them from starting at all.

I'm using a mirrored RAID array with two WD Red 500GB drives. I get an email from the NAS drive that says, "Warning! Some hard drives in your TNAS device have lost connections. Please check if the hard drives are properly connected or damaged." However, the drive operates normally, and the TNAS web app gives me a thumbs up, saying all is OK. I do occasionally see the HDD 1 or HDD 2 lights flash a few times on the box. The HDD 1 flashes more than HDD 2.

Assuming this is really a normal startup, the problem is that it can take several minutes after I've started up the TerraMaster to boot my computer, find the app, start it, find the TM device, start the web app, log in, and finally click the tiny 'bell' icon in the upper right. Surely there is a way to disable/prevent this BEEP. I want to just start my system and then log into the TM drive via drive mapping in Windows. I have and use many NAS drives and NONE of them have this BEEP.

Is there something I should be doing with the NAS drive, like recreating the RAID array? Or should I just take the box apart and disconnect the BEEPER?

Please help, TerraMaster (Or someone else who knows about this). Thanks!
powerQ

Re: How to prevent the loud Beeps at startup?

Post by powerQ »

It must be something wrong on your hard drives, which stop the RAID startup normally. That's the reason you got the beeps and notification from the system. At the meanwhile, please make sure the hard drives you are using now are on the recommended HDD compatibility list on official website.
https://www.terra-master.com/global/compatibility/
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, as for the continuous beep. Please check at your Storage pool to see if any words showing that the hard drive is missing. Please pull out and replug your hard drives. Please contact us at support@terra-master.com if it still remains.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
evenblend

Post by evenblend »

@TMSupport I would also like to know how to disable the loud beep that occurs when powering on and powering off device? The "Mute the buzzer" button on TOS Desktop does not do anything when clicked.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

I am sorry to tell you the beep of start-up and off could not be muted. While according to the setting here, it should be not very loud and continuous sound.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Configuration”