F4-210 RAm is full without any work

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: F4-210 RAm is full without any work

Post by sianderson »

Hi,

i just want to echo other people on here, (1st August) i upgraded my F2-210 to version 4.1.29.2007171631

and also installed the update to the initboot via Putty, all looks good on reboot (20 - 44% Ram usage)

i then decided to copy a 2gb file from a share, the ram shoots up to 99.5% and stays at this level while copying takes place, since this copy has taken place it has dropped to 98.48% but it is showing no signs of dropping back down to the 44% level that it started at just before the copy took place

while the Nas drive is performing without any problems it does surprise me the Ram is sat so high and doesn't fall back down by itself

The Nas drive has USB Copy installed and Plex, but the fact it sits low until a file is copied from a share makes me think its nothing to do with the extra software its something more fundamental to do with file copying
F2-210

scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

I am having to reboot every day and most days having to reset settings that are still getting lost for rsync...
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please be patient, we are working on this issue now, it will be fixed in later version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Marchina

Post by Marchina »

TMSupport wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 11:56 Please be patient, we are working on this issue now, it will be fixed in later version.
Any estimated time for that ??
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Not sure for the time now.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

This is totally making my f2-220 unfit for purpose.. I cannot see how having to reboot every 24hrs or so and then going through making sure settings have been retained (which randomly do not)

I am really regretting buying this NAS a month ago... I have NEVER come across any hardware were there are so many inherent problems and software that is seemingly developed on the the fly. I work in IT and if I released anything like this there would be serious implications!
Southland

Post by Southland »

I seem to have the same issue. I have T4-210 (2GB) with TOS 4.1.27 installed. RAM usage increases when I copy files to a shared folder and does not decrease. For example, I copied 600 MB of photos to a shared folder. RAM usage was at 53% before I started, and 84% after the copy was complete. That was a few hours ago and the RAM usage is still at 84%. The NAS has been up and running for 3 days. I guess I'll need to restart soon.
Southland

Post by Southland »

TMSupport wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 18:42 Please check the instructions from this link viewtopic.php?f=75&t=647
I forget to state in my previous post that I did install the initboot update a few days ago. And I'm using the btrfs file system.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Southland wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 13:34
TMSupport wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 18:42 Please check the instructions from this link viewtopic.php?f=75&t=647
I forget to state in my previous post that I did install the initboot update a few days ago. And I'm using the btrfs file system.
Same here...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

A new update will be released soon, this issue may be resolved.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)