New F4-210 set up help

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
blue934

Re: New F4-210 set up help

Post by blue934 »

windows firewall was still blocking. I reran TNAS and this time the allow firewall option worked.
David
blue934

Post by blue934 »

I have 2 drives installed now, each as single. I am trying to map the drives and apply drive letters. I wish to see these drives on my network.
In TNAS PC, I click map drives. I login with the same credentials that I set up to in login to TNAS. The login window simply goes away, I don't get the map drives window. I get the same results if I use phony credentials.?? Do I need to set up new login credentials for the mapping?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please make sure that SMB service has been enabled at TOS Control panel - Network services - File services.
Also please check whether there is any special characters in your login password, please revise it to the one without special characters and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
blue934

Post by blue934 »

It is enabled -named "workgroup". I have no special characters, just letters and a number.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please enter \\your TNAS IP address such as \\192.168.1.XX in Windows file explorer to access your TNAS, and then check a folder and right click it and select "Map network drive" from the list to map your drive to see whether it's ok.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
blue934

Post by blue934 »

Like this? No results found.
Explorer search for IP. png
Attachments
Explorer search for IP.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please see the following picture:
fileexplorer.jpg
fileexplorer.jpg (7.5 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
fileexplorer2.jpg
fileexplorer2.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
blue934

Post by blue934 »

I'm on win 7. I don't have that screen. I downloaded a file explorer for win 7 but it gives me the exact same screen as the screenshot I sent earlier.
blue934

Post by blue934 »

It looks like I get to the same spot by going My Computer-Network-TNAS

screenshot 1.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Could you right click a folder this way and map the network drive?

Return to “System Configuration”