Add User - "Name Already Exists"

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
DanL123

Add User - "Name Already Exists"

Post by DanL123 »

Sorry if this is a ramble - just a little confused.

I bought a F2-210 as my first venture into Meida Servers and to backup countless Gb of family photos / videos etc. I also bought a single HDD, the idea being to play with it before investing in a 2nd HDD and turning it into a RAID 1.

All went to plan; I created different volumes, different files, different users, different access rights - all seemed fine. So, I invested in a new HDD to create my RAID 1 and start putting the precious family photos on to it. (Nb. I made a bit of a mess here as I also created folders for the users - and later realised the system ALSO created folders for the users. A duplication, nothing more.)

I inserted the new HDD and used the browser to access the Terramaster, deleting all users, all volumes and the storage pool so that I could make a new "RAID 1" setup.

However, when I then went to create the new users again - proper ones this time, not just messing around - the 2nd user cannot be created as I get the message "Name Already Exists" (although it doesnt from my viewpoint). I must have used this same name in the users when I was messing around.

Two thoughts:
1. Something I have done is being remebered - is there a way to 'forget' prior settings?
2. Ideally, I want to start from scratch with no knowledge of prior setup. A hard-reset?

Any other thoughts that might guide me in the right direction?

Sorry for the ramble. I hope it helps explain 1) the details & 2) that I'm a little naive in this area!! :-)

Best
Dan
DanL123

Re: Add User - "Name Already Exists"

Post by DanL123 »

I found the hard reset...

... downloading and installing TOS once more...

That should sort it :-)
DanL123

Post by DanL123 »

Yep, I can now add the new users!

Thanks all anyway.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Actually you don't need to reinstall your TOS, you just need to reset your system configuration. Go to TOS > Control panel > General settings > Update & Recovery > Backup & restore, check the "Reset system configuration".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Configuration”