Why is a single disk still configured as RAID1?

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Tricky
Great Britain

Why is a single disk still configured as RAID1?

Post by Tricky »

I am in the process of trying to recover a lot of movie files from a disk that going faulty/being corrupted and it was configured in the F5-221 NAS as single disk yet its in RAID1 format and there are mirrored files from the separate RAID array that's in the NAS so can someone tell me why?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Why is a single disk still configured as RAID1?

Post by TMSupport »

Was it configured as RAID1 before?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

No freshly formatted HDD.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is there any screenshot of the storage pool and volume you can show us?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

No i haven't but dont see what a screen shot would prove ? other than you dont believe it was configured as a single disk!

Like i said can you explain how a HDD configured as a single can have RAID files present its says to me that there is something wrong with the way the TNAS handles mixing RAID and single disks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Yes, the system default SINGLE disk actually is a RAID 1 with only one drive. What problem with your files now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

As i said in my first post i am finding files on the single disk that should have only been on the two HDDs set up as RAID1 and i am asking why this should happen? never seen this on other NAS when setup as single disks or JOBD.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

May I know what kind of files you found been mirrored from another array? Would you show me a list of screenshot?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Cant do that I'm afraid as after running recovery software and being able to see the files present i would then be asked to pay £250 to recover fully so its easier just to re rip the DVDs again so i just formatted the disc and SFAICS the disk that was reported as faulty by the TNAS is OK i am starting to wonder about the TNAS as i have had countless problems since buying it...most of it with data corruption. :x

As for the files present they where a mix of documents, JPEG s and audio files that are also present on the RAID array.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

That's alright. Let it be, we will find some other ways. thank you!