BUGS: "Copy" displays bizarre, erratic behavior - needs background task

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
jdpugh

BUGS: "Copy" displays bizarre, erratic behavior - needs background task

Post by jdpugh »

I am transferring files from my existing Synology 216j to the Terra-master F4-210 using a combination of External storage (USB-connected 2TB drive) and network copy (mounted as CIFS mount since I couldn't get NFS working).

My conclusion from copying:
1. Don't attempt to copy more than one file at a time - if you lose the browser window or it gets refreshed you have NO IDEA that there is a background process still running doing the copy
2. Don't open more than one File Manager window and start a second copy. Now you will get a copy dialog that (I think) alternates between the first copy and the second (shows 10% complete one second and 90% complete the next).

TOS DESPERATELY needs a background queue that shows you what is running and also allows you to kill the background task (as Synology has). There is no indication that you have zombie processes running and no way (that I can see) of accessing or stopping them.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: BUGS: "Copy" displays bizarre, erratic behavior - needs background task

Post by TMSupport »

Your requested feature would be transferred to the tech dept. and they will consider it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: BUGS: "Copy" displays bizarre, erratic behavior - needs background task

Post by TMroy »

Web brower is definitely not a good choice to manage volume of data. Please try file services like smb, afp, ftp, nfs by instead.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Configuration”