TOS Login HTTPS

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS Login HTTPS

Post by TMSupport »

We can apply it here. see the pictures below:
SSL1.png
SSL2.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

TMSupport wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:00 We can apply it here. see the pictures below:
SSL1.png
SSL2.png
If I could actually upload my key/certificate then I could get to this screen...but it won't let me advance after uploading the key/cert. The Apply button fails to work and I know for a fact I'm using valid/proper key/cert as they work on other devices without issue. See attached screenshot with sensitive info removed - but the key/cert are uploaded in each box. At this point the Apply button does not work.

I'm running 4.2.05 on F2-220. I've done multiple re-installs of TOS. Even wiped the system clean and started from scratch and still receive this error. However, I was able to do some investigative work over ssh (root login) and browse the root file system. the README at /etc/pki/ca-trust/source/ indicates that you should copy your cert/key (in PEM format) to /etc/pki/ca-trust/course/anchors and run 'update-ca-trust' command. However, this results in a "command not found" error, as 'update-ca-trust' is not found in /usr/bin.

I did manage to get my SSL cert to show up in the TOS Control Panel, by copying my cert, key, and a combined pem format of the cert/key to /etc/ssls. I can select my custom certificate in the SSL settings, but I cannot export/download the custom certificate or key through TOS Control Panel GUI - it says "the source file does not exist". I can choose my custom cert in the menu for https, FTP & VPN, however, when I apply it for https it does not take effect on the system. Presumably this is due to a file directory issue, as it shows in the GUI but maybe I need to copy the key/cert to another directory for this to work?

Any insight here, @TMroy or @TMSupport? Where else should my ssl certificate be installed to work properly? I can do it over SSH since the control panelisn't working properly.
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Untitled.jpg
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Please advise your current TOS version and send an email to support(at)terra-master.com, our engineer will help you with this issue by remote session.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

TMS wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 22:55 Please advise your current TOS version and send an email to support(at)terra-master.com, our engineer will help you with this issue by remote session.
Version 4.2.05 as I mentioned in my previous post. I'd rather not allow remote access to my machine, thanks though.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

sports_wook wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 23:53
TMroy wrote: 24 May 2020, 12:16 TOS login HTTPS with your ddns service, input https://ddns_domain_name:5443, and upload ssl certificate of your ddns domain. By the way, you need to map port 5443 in your router settings too.
I've tried following these instructions on my F2-220 running 4.2.05 and the certificate will not upload. The "Apply"button has no effect after the certificate/key are uploaded.
Unfortunately, this problem has not appeared in our tests and other user feedbacks. There is not enough information to analyze your problem now. Once we find a solution, we will contact you or fix it in a later version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

TMzethar wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 11:55
sports_wook wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 23:53
TMroy wrote: 24 May 2020, 12:16 TOS login HTTPS with your ddns service, input https://ddns_domain_name:5443, and upload ssl certificate of your ddns domain. By the way, you need to map port 5443 in your router settings too.
I've tried following these instructions on my F2-220 running 4.2.05 and the certificate will not upload. The "Apply"button has no effect after the certificate/key are uploaded.
Unfortunately, this problem has not appeared in our tests and other user feedbacks. There is not enough information to analyze your problem now. Once we find a solution, we will contact you or fix it in a later version.
I've figured it out and was able to upload my cert/key and apply the settings. The "Apply" button would only work to upload a new cert if it was in .pem format (would not accept .crt).
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

We will check whether there is a limit on the format of the certificate and get back when it's confirmed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
vichi95

Post by vichi95 »

Now i can upload certificate, but browser show me

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

I've tried with terramaster default certificate, tnas.link certificate and my personal certificate, but nothing change
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

We have received your feedback, in order to better determine your use of the problem, we hope you can contact our technical team for remote troubleshooting. support@terra-master.com.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @