Windows File Explorer Access

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
pobotrol

Windows File Explorer Access

Post by pobotrol »

I've setup my new F4-221 NAS, the TOS installed OK and the disk installed fine. Everything looks OK from within TOS.
However when I try to connect to the file system from my Windows PC it does very little.
In TNAS PC it finds the NAS and I can login. However when I click File Manager it opens the IP address to an empty folder with no permissions. If I click on Map Drive it asks for credentials which it accepts and then does nothing, no drive mapping dialog opens.
I've tried creating files and folders under Public and Admin through TOS and I've checked permissions are granted to those also, but nothing appears in Windows.
I can use the Share functionality in a browser and upload files that way, but it's not as convenient and seamless as it would be if I could access it directly through Windows.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Windows File Explorer Access

Post by TMroy »

Hi,
Please make sure you have enabled the SMB file service on control panel. If it does not work properly, then go to TOS > Control Panel > Network Service > File servic > SMB/CIFS, disable the SMB and apply, then enable and apply the SMB file service again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pobotrol

Post by pobotrol »

Brilliant, that worked.
Thank you for your help.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

No problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Configuration”