New shared folders

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

New shared folders

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Morning - I have no 'Create' tab in 'Control Panel/Privileges/Shared Folder'. I only have 'Refresh', 'Edit', 'Delete', 'Key' and 'Advanced' tabs.

Can I create a new shared folder in the root of 'Volume #1'?

Cheers,

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: New shared folders

Post by TMroy »

Hi, try google Chrome browser, Firefox or apple safari recent version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Afternoon TMroy - many thanks for your reply. :D

I am using Firefox, with all the latest updates. Since you mentioned it, I tried IE11 and the 'Create' tab is listed in Shared Folder, but none of the folders show up. I can click the 'Create' tab, but nothing happens. I don't really want to install Chrome on my laptop if it can be avoided... :oops:

Interesting that it's a browser problem though...

Cheers,

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi Chris,
IE is definitely not recommended.
If your Firefox does not work, Please try google Chrome or the latest Microsoft edge which also built on google Chromium.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Morning TMroy - thanks again for the help. :P

I was stunned that MS Edge was based on Google's Chrome browser :!: I had no idea. However, it's part of Windows 10 so I tried it, as you suggested. It works fine - many thanks again TMroy, I have been able to create a new shared folder.

The only issues I've still got are:
1) There is a shared folder which shows up if I use the IP (192.x.x.x) in Windows File Explorer, but it does not show in TOS control panel. I assume I created it earlier, though I can't specifically remember. But now I can't delete it. It's empty, but I just want to delete it...

2) When ever I shut down the NAS from the 'Shut Down' option in the drop-down list, I get an error on next start-up saying there was an error in the shut down. I get it every time, in Firefox or Edge. Have I done something wrong?

Thanks again TMroy - I do appreicate your help. ;)

Cheers,

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

hi Chris,
I am glad to see you resolved the issue.

1. The reason you can't see the shared folder on TOS, is you created this folder by different user, and you did not grant access permission to the user your login with. Just try login with another user account, then you can see your folder.

2. The wrong notification was cause by a known bug in the system, actually your TNAS is working well, we will fix it in the coming new update.

thank you!
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Morning TMroy - sorry for the delayed response, I've had lots off stuff... :?

Thank you for explaining about the planned bug fix, that's most reassuring.

The shared folder that I want to delete is not visible in any account in TOS. I have three accounts: 'admin' (the default one), one for me and one for my wife. All the accounts have administrator priviliges with read/write access to everything, and the administrator group also has full access to everything. But I cannot see the folder in TOS, only in Windows Explorer (file:\\192.x.x.x).

If I try to change user permissions from Windows the permission are removed when I open explorer next time - although Windows says the permission are changed, it seems to forget them afterwards. I am listed as the folder's owner, with full permissions, but I cannot delete it from Windows and I cannot see it from any account in TOS.

Sorry to be a problem for you TMroy! :oops:

Cheers,

Chris
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Could you take a screenshot showing the folder which is only visible at windows explorer?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Okay Support:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkpWpbPFFKiTgQBIomI ... M?e=sck0ge

I expect I created the folder and then deleted the account it was created from. I can't remember, but that does sound like me... :roll:

Thanks again. You are a great bunch!

Cheers,

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi Chris,
I can't open the Onedrive link you attached in forum.
If you sure you created the folder then you deleted the user, you have to create a user with exact the same name, with that user name, you can grant others users to access that folder.