Appdata & File Manager

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
Abernathy

Appdata & File Manager

Post by Abernathy »

I have just purchased a F4-423 Nas and installed it. However I can not see the appdata folder in "file manager" or in the "shared folder" in control panel.
I have installed Emby. When I look at the "File Manager" the highest level it goes to is the User name, I can not go higher for example to the volume level. That user is the only user and has admin rights. When I look at "shared folder" in control panel it only lists Emby and Public folders.
I have 3 HDDs arranged as 1 storage pool and 1 volume.
How do I see the appdata folder? (what am i missing?)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Appdata & File Manager

Post by TMzethar »

Did you install TOS5? TOS5 no longer creates an appdata for storing application information by default, but instead uses an independent shared folder for each application.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Abernathy

Post by Abernathy »

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I did installl TOS5.
I was concerned because I setup the TNAS and created some folders, mapped windows to them and transferred some files. I checked through the TNAS file manager that they wherer there and accessable, shut down the TNAS for the night and the next day one of the folders and its files had vanished.
The file manager does not show anything above the level of the user/shared/public files. I did not know how to search the drives for the missing files, (I assume I could use the HDMI port and command line)
The youtube videos and forum refer to an APPdata folder being created with the public folder at the time of setup which I could not find.

Regards
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

There is no folder called appdata in TOS 5.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)