Moving OS/System, All Apps to SSD?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
tres

Moving OS/System, All Apps to SSD?

Post by tres »

Hey guys,

I want to move the whole system and all apps, processes etc. to my installed SSD. This way I can keep the large (and more noisy) TRAID for storage and streaming only and let it sleep when I don't need to access it, while all processes run on the SSD. How would I go about doing this?

I've had a few issues with shared folders that I had to restore back to Volume 1 multiple times and apps not wanting to be installed on another volume than Volume 1. Is it possible to move/rename my existing array to Volume 2 and somehow have the OS and everything on the default Volume 1?

Thanks!
T6-423 - TOS 5.0 - 3x16TB Seagate IronWolf Pro / 3x3TB WD Red/Green (BTRFS/TRAID)
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Moving OS/System, All Apps to SSD?

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}tres

SSD put the first disk and other hard disk reinstall the system to try, the volume name can only be changed by logining with ssh and using the command line.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tres

Post by tres »

Not sure I understand.

There is data on the TRAID array, you want me to take my existing drives out, install only the SSD and then reinstall the system? What about my original array?
T6-423 - TOS 5.0 - 3x16TB Seagate IronWolf Pro / 3x3TB WD Red/Green (BTRFS/TRAID)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, you can reinstall the application and change the path to the SSD volume, but you cannot hibernate individual hard disks because all disks will run at the same time.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)