Hide "homes" "usbshare1" etc. from Users?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
tres

Hide "homes" "usbshare1" etc. from Users?

Post by tres »

Hey guys, I'm trying to hide the folders "homes", "usbshare1", "usbshare2" for users that connect to the NAS but can't find any option do so in the control panel. The "usbshare" folders only popped up when I attached a USB drive to test, I won't be using these at all. Is there a way to hide them again?

Thanks.
T6-423 - TOS 5.0 - 3x16TB Seagate IronWolf Pro / 3x3TB WD Red/Green (BTRFS/TRAID)
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: Hide "homes" "usbshare1" etc. from Users?

Post by TMwuu »

tres wrote: 12 Nov 2022, 00:49 Hey guys, I'm trying to hide the folders "homes", "usbshare1", "usbshare2" for users that connect to the NAS but can't find any option do so in the control panel. The "usbshare" folders only popped up when I attached a USB drive to test, I won't be using these at all. Is there a way to hide them again?

Thanks.
You can go to Control Panel>Privileges>Users>Advanced Settings and disable the user home directory option to hide the user home directory. The TOS system cannot hide the usbshare folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)