F5-422 Login on IPAD using verification code

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
Bernhard.Wuest

F5-422 Login on IPAD using verification code

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

Hello all,
After installation my new F5-422 after a hardware failure on my old F5-420 all seemed working fine.
I copied some files 2 days ago and suddenly the NAS became unresponsive. I waited for an hour trying to access the system without success. I went into the basement and switched the device of and on again. It took about 30 minutes before I saw the login screen and another 20 minutes to reach the settings. Probably to an error or my switching of the system was doing a synchronization of the Raid 5 configuration.
This was running for about 25 hours.
During that I accessed the NAS through my IPAD and Safari in typing in the IP address of the system and go the usual login asking for username and passowrd. After the suscessful syncronization this morning I accessed the NAS through my laptop (Win11, Edge) using the same IP address and got the familar screen with login and password.
When I try the same through my IPAD i see a new login screen with username, password and Verifizerungscode. Whatever I tried I was not able to access the NAS through my IPAD as usual. PC connection is working fine. Error I am getting is Username or password wrong. The same login works on my PC
Is there a new setting in the NAS asking for that verification code? But why only on the IPAD and not the PC?
Bernhard.Wuest

Re: F5-422 Login on IPAD using verification code

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

I am very sorry, forgot to mention, the TOS version is 4.2.39-2203011626
Reason for not on 5 is that the main usage next to storage is Plex
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F5-422 Login on IPAD using verification code

Post by TMSupport »

When you log in TOS on one device and enter the wrong password three times continuously, you need to enter the verification code.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)