Correct the grammar and translation mistakes in TOS 5

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Correct the grammar and translation mistakes in TOS 5

Post by TMroy »

Dear all,

There are a total of 14 languages in TOS 5, there must be some mistakes in some translations. If you find any of these mistakes, we would appreciate you pointing them out. We will forward your report to our tech team and correct them as soon as possible.

You can report such a mistake by a new thread in this post. Thank you very much!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
lincooln

Re: Correct the translation mistakes in TOS 5

Post by lincooln »

Hello TMroy!
I want to offer a few corrections of the translation for the Russian language. TOS 5.1.13-00 292

User menu on the main screen. Item shutdown. The Russian version indicates "Неисправность", the correct translation is "Выключение".
Control Panel -> Equipment and Power -> Schedule switching on/Shutdown. When adding a shutdown task, the translation is incorrect. The Russian version indicates "Неисправность", the correct translation is "Выключение".
Docker manager item Container. For running containers, the status the russian version "Запуск...", the correct translation is "Запущен."

This is what is immediately visible.
I may have missed other inaccuracies.
If I notice anything, I'll let you know in this topic.

I apologize for my machine translation.
Have a nice day.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}lincooln

Thanks for the feedback. All have been corrected.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
beatcd

Post by beatcd »

Hello

The Translation into German has a mistake as the translation of "manual" (as the opposit of automatic or dhcp) is NOT "Handbuch" but "manuell".
Handbuch is the German word for handbook often named manual.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}beatcd

Thanks for your feedback, we'll make changes.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
StephenNaylor

Post by StephenNaylor »

I did a clean install of ToS 5.1.37 on my F5-422 yesterday in English and I think it was when I first logged in with my SuperUser account (or possibly when I went into the Storage Pool in control panel there was a small box that popped up which had no text in it but had a blue button that I assume was "OK" but the text was in Chinese.

I clicked on the close button to exit that one.

Also, in File Manager when you select a folder and click on "More > Move to" it displays some text in chinese before the list of folders is displayed.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

StephenNaylor wrote: 22 Jun 2023, 05:24 I did a clean install of ToS 5.1.37 on my F5-422 yesterday in English and I think it was when I first logged in with my SuperUser account (or possibly when I went into the Storage Pool in control panel there was a small box that popped up which had no text in it but had a blue button that I assume was "OK" but the text was in Chinese.

I clicked on the close button to exit that one.

Also, in File Manager when you select a folder and click on "More > Move to" it displays some text in chinese before the list of folders is displayed.
Thank you for your report!
The "Select a folder" issue has been verified, we will fix it soon. BUT we can not reproduce the first issue. do you have a screen shot for reference?
Thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
StephenNaylor

Post by StephenNaylor »

Unfortunately I didn't capture a screenshot of the dialogue with the chinese "OK" button. It was just something that popped up during the install and I only thought of it again once I came across this page.

The only extra detail I can provide here is that I had 5 drives in my F5-422 and I did a default install and I would be running UK English.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

StephenNaylor wrote: 22 Jun 2023, 17:03 Unfortunately I didn't capture a screenshot of the dialogue with the chinese "OK" button. It was just something that popped up during the install and I only thought of it again once I came across this page.

The only extra detail I can provide here is that I had 5 drives in my F5-422 and I did a default install and I would be running UK English.
Thank you for your feedback and we will verify it.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
romeonich

Post by romeonich »

To ensure accurate feedback, it would be best to have native speakers of each language or professional app localization services review the translations in TOS 5. They would be more familiar with the nuances and intricacies of their respective languages and can provide valuable insights. Engaging professional translators or language experts who specialize in app localization services can ensure a high level of accuracy.

Once any potential mistakes are identified, you can then report them to your tech team so they can be addressed and corrected accordingly. I appreciate your dedication to providing accurate translations and wish you the best in improving TOS 5 for your users.