Questions about operations Media index

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
gretor

Questions about operations Media index

Post by gretor »

Hello,

TOS 5 offers the media index. This also sorts via. Thumnails , documents,images, etc.

Due to security requirements, I only work with encrypted shared folders, which may then be indexed via media index.

Where is the created index data stored / Database ? Are they stored in encrypted areas ? Are they, as I suspect openly stored in the TOS 5 operating system ?

I would be pleased about a more exact documentation of the procedures, which are the basis of the media index.

Greetings gretor
TNAS F2-221 - TOS 5
4 GB Ram
2x 4 TB WD Red - Raid 1
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Questions about operations Media index

Post by TMroy »

You just need to remove your folders from media index.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gretor

Re: Questions about operations Media index

Post by gretor »

That does not answer my question. That I can take it out is clear to me and also no problem.

I am interested in where the database for the media index is located, in what way the data is processed and protected (the metadata such as thumbnails).

It is certainly a conceivable scenario that you store private image data on an encrypted network share and want to index them but to have them for a search etc quickly accessible.
In this case the created metadata of the media index would have to be protected accordingly.

Is this the case, or is the database in plain text in the system folders?

greetings gretor
TNAS F2-221 - TOS 5
4 GB Ram
2x 4 TB WD Red - Raid 1