Cannot change permissions on account

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Cannot change permissions on account

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Evening - I have just created an account for my wife (admin/media/all users - like my own), but I cannot change the permissions to read and write for everything: the USB drives are all 'deny'. If I tick the other boxes, although it says 'operation successful', it just reverts to 'deny' each time.

Also, on the desktop, the Centralised Backup icon refuses to appear, even though it's there on my desktop. From my account I can set my wife's laptop to backup, but the Centralised Backup icon does not appear if logged in on her account (it shows as installed from the Apps dialogue though.)

We're using TOS 5 on an F2-221 on Windows 10 laptops.

Cheers,

Chris
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Cannot change permissions on account

Post by TMSupport »

Go to Control Panel>External Storage, click "More">"Permissions" to edit the permissions of the USB.
Go to Control Panel > Application, edit the permissions for the Centralized Backup.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Many thanks for the reply Support.

I have change the permissions in Application, External Storage and User: but the same thing happens in all cases. When I click 'confirm', the operations are declared 'successful' in each case, but when I go back to check, all the 'deny' boxes are ticked again.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Chris
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Hi, can you provide a screenshot so we can find the problem?
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Afternoon - thanks again for the replies. Now it's just USB3 which will not allow read/write. I have no idea why. I put the screen shots on Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Cheers,

Chris
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Tried again this morning - and it all works: permissions set properly. I don't know why, but since it's now working, I don't cares!

Thanks again for your support,

Cheers,

Chris