cant log in. getting wrong password

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: cant log in. getting wrong password

Post by TMSupport »

The TOS system may have hung up. Please try to shut down and unplug all the hard disks and turn it on again to see if it can enter the initialization page. If yes, it is recommended that you reinstall the system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
higghe

Post by higghe »

Hi, if I reinstall the system, both HD will be formatted so I will lose 2TB of data.
Any other fix?
Lou551

Post by Lou551 »

Hi I did what you said start the unit with no hard drives run the windows program put the hard drives back in it asked to run tos or reinstall tos. I picked reinstall tos. With a lot of prayers it worked. Hallelujah!! Thank you for your help!!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

higghe wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 04:34 Hi, if I reinstall the system, both HD will be formatted so I will lose 2TB of data.
Any other fix?
You can contact our tech team to help you mount the volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
higghe

Post by higghe »

TMSupport wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 18:42
higghe wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 04:34 Hi, if I reinstall the system, both HD will be formatted so I will lose 2TB of data.
Any other fix?
You can contact our tech team to help you mount the volume.
Thank you.
I reinstalled the TOS from browser (tnas.local) and after the admin's login I found all my data present and safe in the HDs.
I only had to rebuild in 2' the users accounts (lost) while the users folders with files were present and safe as well. No data loss.
Should happen again an AC black-out, in order not to loose data, should I have installed snapshot?

Return to “System Configuration”