Power on/off schedule

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
sports_wook

Power on/off schedule

Post by sports_wook »

Ever since updating my F2-220 to 4.2.32 the power schedule does not work properly. I configured the Control Panel settings to turn off the machine at 4am local time, and turn on at 4:05am local time each day. This'd used to work flawlessly but ever since updating to 4.2.32 it does not work anymore.

I've deleted the previous settings, turn off the power schedule, and tried applying the settings again but no luck. I've also verified that the settings exist in the root crontab after applying the settings in Control Panel, but they don't run.

Anyone else run into this issue? Or have any suggestions?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Power on/off schedule

Post by TMSupport »

When updating the system, some functions may not be updated successfully, please try to reinstall the system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

I followed your advice and can confirm this issue still exists after resetting to factory default and reinstalling the system.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Can it be successfully implemented after setting the shutdown plan or the startup plan separately?
Can the TNAS be successfully shut down after clicking the shutdown option on the TOS desktop?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

It can be shut down normally through the option on TOS desktop.

Haven't tried shutdown schedule alone (without startup also scheduled). I'm hesitant to try that because I'm not always in the same location as the server and don't want to be stuck with it off while I'm away from the device.
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Just updated to 4.2.39 and the issue remains. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated
alienhotrod1995

Post by alienhotrod1995 »

Did you have get a solution for this? I have the F5-422 on 4.2.39 and I am having a similar issue. I tried turning it off completely but it still powers on at the last set time. The power off time seems to disable correctly.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}alienhotrod1995

Do you mean that the power off scheduled task doesn't work and the power on scheduled task does?
Can you shutdown via the 'shutdown' button in the upper right corner of the desktop.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
alienhotrod1995

Post by alienhotrod1995 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport
I was trying to disable the Power off/on schedule but it still starts up at the last power on time.
Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 7.39.50 PM.png