Domain/LDAP issues

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
shadvandevanter

Domain/LDAP issues

Post by shadvandevanter »

I have 5 -F5-422 NAS devices that we purchased for file shares in our remote offices. I went through the initial setup using 4.2.30 but was unable to get the device to join the domain. in install TOS patch 1.31 and they will join the domain, but they will not update domain users or domain groups.

does anyone have a solution for this? I have reached out to support, but they are 15 hours different from my time zone. so i can not work with them during normal business hours. (working out side normal business hours is not an option)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Domain/LDAP issues

Post by TMroy »

As you said, when you running TOS 5.0.67 on your device, you also encountered an issue of AD/LDAP failing to load user/group, is it possible that our engineer checks the issue for you by a remote session?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
shadvandevanter

I would love to have a remote session. however I have tried reaching out to your support team and they are not available during our normal business hours. there is a 15 hour time zone difference. i am not able to do changes out side normal business hours. i am in the us/pacific time zone. if you could have your engineer send me the steps he would take i would love to try to solve it.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Are all five devices unable to join the domain successfully? Without a remote check, we can't properly determine what's causing it.
Please privately send me your email information and I will send you a solution to try.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
shadvandevanter

all 5 devices connect to the Domain and i can see the computer accounts in the domain. they just cant see users or groups. i have sent pm to support(a)terra-master.com with screen shots. this is happening on TOS 4.2.28, 4.2.30, 4.2.32 and on the beta 5.0.67.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Domain users and domain groups can be seen normally. Just can't see the TOS system users?
Can you attach a screenshot?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
shadvandevanter

here are the screen shots from my domain snowing the NAS devices have joined the Domain. the second screen shot is the AD setup in the TNAS showing that it is connected. the 3rd and 4th screen shots are the Domain Users and Domain Groups showing the "NO Data!" error.
Attachments
4- TNAS Domian Groups.JPG
4- TNAS Domian Groups.JPG (14.24 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
1- AD TNAS.JPG
1- AD TNAS.JPG (16.22 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Your question has been reported to our tech team. Please privately send me your email information. We will check your mail sent before and contact you by email later.
shadvandevanter

I have been posting about this and trying to get support for months. it doesn't seem like anyone is working to resolve the issue. just tried the latest beta 5.0.72 and domain join is even more broken that the previous releases. had i know these were devices suck so bad a domain/LDAP i would have bought a Synology or QNAP instead devices instead. going to talk with my vender and see if i can return these.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}shadvandevanter

I have answered your question in another post, please do not repeatedly post a same thread,thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)