I got a virus

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: I got a virus

Post by TMRyan »

As long as your TNAS is powered on, the encryption process will continue to run and more files will be encrypted.
If your file system is ext4, you can try to use third-party software to export the hard disk data to check the encryption.
If you must see it, you can try to use the computer to map the shared folder to view it directly after booting, or log in to view it through SSH.
TOS is an operating system developed by itself based on the Linux kernel.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

Ok. I will try doing all update. How is the ransome ware getting on the systems?
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

TerraMaster wants to do a remote connection but we can't find a good time to do it. Do they have a way to decrypt the files?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Encrypted files cannot be decrypted temporarily.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

How is the ransome ware getting into our/your systems?
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

If I boot the system up with the hard drive in I am unable to get to the dashboard. It says connection refused. If I boot up with the hard drive removed it says no hard drive detected. Then I put I put the drive in and I can get a option to install a new TOS systems but it says data on hard drive will be deleted. Is there a way to update it without loosing the data?
Attachments
NAS3.jpg
NAS2.jpg
NAS2.jpg (21.22 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
NAS1.jpg
NAS1.jpg (15.26 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

OGStyle wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 03:51 If I boot the system up with the hard drive in I am unable to get to the dashboard. It says connection refused. If I boot up with the hard drive removed it says no hard drive detected. Then I put I put the drive in and I can get a option to install a new TOS systems but it says data on hard drive will be deleted. Is there a way to update it without loosing the data?
Judging from your screenshots, the system version is out of date. Installing a new system may cause data loss due to the difference between the old and new system partitions. Please contact our tech team to check it.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

I have contacted them and unfortunately we can't find a good time for them to connect to my system remotely.
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

Can I install a old os?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

What is your device model? What is the InitBoot version of the device?
You can find the InitBoot version in the bottom right of the installation page.