Delete a user via ssh

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
capnhowyoudo

Delete a user via ssh

Post by capnhowyoudo »

I had to factory restore my device. After doing so i restored using a backup config when doing so i was able to login however the account im using does not have permissions the folders, nor does the account show up in the list of users in the control panel.

is there a way to delete the user via ssh ?
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
4X WD Red Plus 8TB (RAID5)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Delete a user via ssh

Post by TMSupport »

Was the account you mentioned created before restoring the system configuration? After restoring the system configuration, the original configuration of the TOS system will be overwritten.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

This is an account that was created prior to the restore and also an account that was carried over with the backup config
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}capnhowyoudo

I don't quite understand what you mean, may I ask why you want to delete them?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

{L_BUTTON_AT}capnhowyoudo
TMzethar wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 18:36 I don't quite understand what you mean, may I ask why you want to delete them?
Because some of the folders dont have the proper permissions for this user. Nor can i change the permissions because the user can not be found in the user area.
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

When you restore the system configuration, your system configuration will be overwritten, so the account you mentioned should no longer be available and you should log in with the account in the user list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

i would just like to know how to delete a user via ssh please provide me that information!
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

Hello ????
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

The terminal command line cannot delete the TOS user,it can only be deleted on the web page. You can create a user with the same name on the web page, change the permissions of the shared folder, and then delete the user.
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

After the restore the user that was created does not exist in the user page, however you can login with that user, I cannot add the user to the proper permission group because the user does not show up hence why I’m trying to delete the user.
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626