Admin user question

Permissions, Users, Uear groups, shared folders, LDAP/domain
nedhedrick

Admin user question

Post by nedhedrick »

I have defined a new admin user for security purposes. I would now like to delete or de-activate the previous admin user, but TOS will apparently not allow it. How can I delete or restrict the old admin user so it is no longer able to be used?

Thanks in advance!
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Admin user question

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}nedhedrick

Hi,
Please go to Control Panel> Update&Recovery> Backup&Restore, and then reset system configuration to set a new administrator account.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nedhedrick

Post by nedhedrick »

I have followed the instructions and reset the configuration. Device restarted with the new admin user. Then I restored my configuration so I could get to my data. The old admin user returned and still cannot be disabled or deleted! Not sure what to do at this point. My objective is to remove access to the previous admin user, because I had named it with the common name "admin". But I still am unable to do that. Any additional tips? Or is the only option to do a complete rebuild of the environment?

Thanks!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The original system configuration contains the admin user. When you restore the system configuration, the admin user will appear again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nedhedrick

Post by nedhedrick »

I was afraid of that. I guess the only truly secure solution is to reset the configuration and then manually re-enter everything (except the old admin user).
Too bad...

Thanks for the help anyway -- I learned a few things along the way...

Return to “Privileges”