File/Folder Permissions

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
splaquet

File/Folder Permissions

Post by splaquet »

Is there a script or a CLI command I can run to find/repair folder permissions?

Having upgraded TOS over a few years, as well as migrating to new hard drives, I'm quite positive that the TOS just isn't working correctly. I can easily access the shared folders from an Admin/Root account via computers on the network. But, more often than not, I have issues saving certain settings/configs in TOS interface.

EX:
Just now, I was trying to save the settings for a user account that I only use for my external WordPress installs to use to export archives and upload to my local TNAS device. When editing the user account, I wasn't able to click on 'APPLY' when trying to change the folder permissions on the the account. (So, I went through all the pages, clicked off the checkboxes {which really needs a more efficient process IMO}, only to find that I couldn't click on 'APPLY')

So, I next tried to edit the permissions for a UserGroup that I created, called FTP. For fear of going through all of the folders and checking off DENY or R/W, I only checked off DENY on the first page of folders. While that page was able to save (and I clicked 'APPLY', then refreshed the page), I wasn't able to save the second page of DENYs. It allowed me to click 'APPLY', but the checkboxes weren't checked after refreshing the page. ...and then, I went back minutes later, and THEY WERE CHECKED OFF?!?!?

Something definitely isn't right, but I'm not exactly sure where to even start to fix. Actually...
- when I log into the TNAS webpage, it'll show the correct login page and log me in correctly, but then refreshes and redirects me to an NGINX error page (domain.com:8181/tos/index.php).
- I'll remove the 'tos/index.php' from the URL and hit enter, and it'll reload correctly

Is there maybe some type of Object Caching issue that's plaguing me? While this isn't preventing me from using my device, I don't want to have to double check my work every time... and then find that settings have changed and/or reset 😕

any feedback?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: File/Folder Permissions

Post by TMroy »

May I know what is your model number? and which version of TOS running on your device?
Please change a web browser and try again. if the issue is still present, I am afraid that something is wrong with your system, some system files are corrupted.
if so, please update your system. if the issue is still present, your hard drive or file system may be defective. please backup your data as soon as possible.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)