Locked myself out from my NAS

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
joy192k

Locked myself out from my NAS

Post by joy192k »

You can call me an idiot because I realized that’s what I am, :?

trying to secure my NAS, I created two IPTable rules : one for the LAN ( only LAN subnet) ACCEPT and other for WAN (no access for all ip/all ports - blanket ) DROP for incoming connections

For some trouble shooting I went ahead to disable the rules, my first pick was wrong - I disabled the only rule which allowed access to me.

Now I am logged out, trying to be super secure I had disabled most services like FTP so there is no way to replace the iptables.conf file.

Please help!!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Locked myself out from my NAS

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry to hear that. You should reinstall the TOS.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hardfecx

Re: Locked myself out from my NAS

Post by Hardfecx »

joy192k wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 01:14 You can call me an idiot because I realized that’s what I am, :?

trying to secure my NAS, I created two IPTable rules : one for the LAN ( only LAN subnet) ACCEPT and other for WAN (no access for all ip/all ports - blanket ) DROP for incoming connections

For some trouble shooting I went ahead to disable the rules, my first pick was wrong - I disabled the only rule which allowed access to me.

Now I am logged out, trying to be super secure I had disabled most services like FTP so there is no way to replace the iptables.conf file.

Please help!!
well now, you are really secure!!! :)