F4-210,software(?),I cant open the files on NAS

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
Jiri Novotny

F4-210,software(?),I cant open the files on NAS

Post by Jiri Novotny »

Hello,
sorry for master...no chance find the correct forum
I own a model 210 (a few days old). NAS is mechanically perfect. I have a problem with the software. Specifically - both TOS and TNAS are up to date - if I click in TOS , for example on a movie file (all mkv,avi,mp4..) I get a "header" that the file cannot be played. Photos in TOS can be opened. If I use TNAS - (differently, from three mobiles) - "straight away" when I try ( to open-play the file or open the photos ) there is no confirmation - no reply. I note that otherwise everything works, but I use the model as a large storage for now, not a NAS.

I also tried installing manually - *.tpk files, but usually I get the information that the files cannot be used (always in 50%). I noticed that this is the case (probably) if I try to install files for "_x86_64", if I happen to get a file marked "_aarch64" everything goes OK.

I'll repeat again - all my software is up to date, everything is reinstalled as well.

Can anyone please advise me where I am going wrong?

Thank you
Martina
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: F4-210,software(?),I cant open the files on NAS

Post by sianderson »

i'm not entirely sure i understand what you are talking about, however

the nas drive is just a file storage device, when you try and open a file it is using your computer / phone's operating system to process the file so i think you maybe asking in the wrong place here, and you should be asking why cant your computer play a MKV file for example and the usual suspect for this is your computer doesnt understand how to read a MKV file and you need a media player that does (this has nothing to do with the terramaster nas)

but also are you really trying to play a video file within the web admin portal? in which case this is not really what it is designed for so when you say its all update what makes you think you should be able to do what you are trying to do?
F2-210

Jiri Novotny

Post by Jiri Novotny »

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.

I don't know exactly where to place the query.

I have VLC installed on my PC and phones, so I can play absolutely everything.
I assume that the F4-210 also has "some software". Otherwise I don't know how to describe the situation better - I just can't open the files...

Thanks again for your time.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Jiri Novotny wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 19:12 Hello,
Thank you for your reply.

I don't know exactly where to place the query.

I have VLC installed on my PC and phones, so I can play absolutely everything.
I assume that the F4-210 also has "some software". Otherwise I don't know how to describe the situation better - I just can't open the files...

Thanks again for your time.
If you can't open the files like *.mkv on your computer and mount the folder on the Nas on your Pc. Install VLC Player and open the movie files with it. don't open the files in TOS, open them on you PC. that should work if I understand your Issue exactly. VLC exist for Android smartphones too.... Do you know how to mount a folder from your Nas on your Pc?
Jiri Novotny

Post by Jiri Novotny »

To Hardfex

Thank you for trying to solve my problem.

I can open the video files normally on PC and on all my phones - I have the latest version of VLC installed everywhere. I don't open the files in TOS. I have video file folders mapped on my PC (and open them via TotalCommander and VLC). I have the same problem with audio files, for example.

If I use TNAS on my phone - I can see the files normally, but they don't play.

I'm sure (I do) it's some kind of stupidity.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

{L_BUTTON_AT}"Jiri

Do you have TNAS Plus as app on your phone? I tried and can open every file with that. Do you have android or apple?

Otherwise, open VLC on your smatphone and search your NAS and opend the file you want.
Jiri Novotny

Post by Jiri Novotny »

{L_BUTTON_AT}"Jiri
Hardfecx wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 23:36 Do you have TNAS Plus as app on your phone? I tried and can open every file with that. Do you have android or apple? Otherwise, open VLC on your smatphone and search your NAS and opend the file you want.
Please, see the att. screenshots - last files I have on PC and phones (only Android). Black display if Im trying to open video (on phone VLC) Thx
Attachments
mobile app_F4-210.png
desktop_system_F4-210.png
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Well just open VLC on your smatphone and search the network advices. Then choose your Nas folder and it should work
Jiri Novotny

Post by Jiri Novotny »

Hardfecx wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 00:53 Well just open VLC on your smatphone and search the network advices. Then choose your Nas folder and it should work
Thats the problem - nothing, black display for a few sec.
Anyway thx!!!