How do you check drive integrity?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
Zyekad

How do you check drive integrity?

Post by Zyekad »

I have two NAS from TerraMaster and one works very well while the other has been an issue since the first day I got it.

How do I run a test for the integrity of the physical drives in the NAS? I know under Windows Seagate has a utility to do a surface scan, but I don't know how to do that in the TerraMaster Operating System. The raid shows as good when I log in from the webpage (it takes minutes just to log in on this one unit, seconds on the other one), but I still question the integrity of the raid through this NAS.

Can someone give me a step by step on how to run a surface scan on the drives to see if one is in the process of failing? If one or more are going bad, I need to get them replaced prior to losing any data.

Thanks,
David
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: How do you check drive integrity?

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Do you mean you want to test the hard drive? If yes, you can refer to this article.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Zyekad

Post by Zyekad »

Hello - I don't see any link to an article in your reply. Please let me know where to look for this!

Thanks,
David
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)