F4-220 Can't fully navigate control panel

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
thiezar

F4-220 Can't fully navigate control panel

Post by thiezar »

I can no more navigate completely the control panel. I can't do a lot of stuff. Like if I click anything under Network nothing happens. If I want to do a manual update ancd click browse for a package nothing happens. The same happens with many other sections of the control panel.
I already tried restarting the system.
My only installed app Plex is working fine but it's not showing among the installed applications.

Current TOS version: 4.1.24 (and I can't upgrade because I can't choose a software package)

What should I do?
yerc1

Re: F4-220 Can't fully navigate control panel

Post by yerc1 »

I access TOS via browser (never used TNAS PC or mobile).

I have found that some weird issues can be resolved by clearing browser cache. Have you tried doing this?
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
thiezar

Post by thiezar »

I access TOS via browser too. I just tried clearing the browser cache and cookies but it didn't work :(
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}thiezar
Hi, Have you tried other browsers? If you cannot update manually on other devices, you need to back up your data and then reinstall TOS 4.1.27. How to reinstall the system: https://forum.terra-master.com/en/view ... f=75&t=423 TOS installation package download address: https://support.terra-master.com/downlo ... ct=F4-220
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
thiezar

Post by thiezar »

I tried other browser with no results.
I cannot really backup my data because I would need another 16TB HDD and I don't have one at the moment.
Anyway I'm not able to follow the reinstall instructions you linked me for the following reasons:
  • if I follow method 1 ticking "Restore to factory default" and then clicking "Apply" is not working, nothing happens.
  • if I follow method 2 I get prompted with a page asking me to restart with the current installed TOS or to install a new one
    • if I choose to keep the current TOS nothing changes after restart and I still have the same issues
    • if I choose to install a new TOS I get warned that all my data will be deleted and I don't want to because I dont'have a backup and because there is too much data to move back and forth
Is there any other method to reinstall or update TOS without losing data?
thiezar

Post by thiezar »

Reading other topics looks like the "Data will be deleted" is just there for preventing damage but it's not entirely true unless the work "format" will appear during the reinstall of TOS system.
So I just took my chances and decided to go on. All is well now, the newest TOS version got installed and it's working fine. All my data is still there.
I just need to reinstall and reconfigure PLEX.