root file access and executing any commands just errors constantly

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
Rchiil

root file access and executing any commands just errors constantly

Post by Rchiil »

Ok so tried to sort root access out to get access to root, if I login with root via terminal or putty or sfcp I can not run any commands, I currently am experimenting with home assistant and no matter what I do I cant run any commands wget -q -O - https://install.hacs.xyz | bash - does not work I get this reply every time Command 'cd "/appdata/hassio"'
failed with return code 1 and error message
/bin/bash: line 9: cd: /appdata/hassio: No such file or directory.

infact any command I do reports back as errors of no such file or directory, even if I am staring at it in my face, if I load SFTP I cant even see the root of device all I see are the same folders/files i see in tos file manager am I missing something here, any other nas I have had or have I can see all files via sftp once I have allowed root access.

model is 210
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: root file access and executing any commands just errors constantly

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!You may used the wrong command.
Please try the following command.
1. ter_wget -q -O - https://install.hacs.xyz
2. cd /mnt/md0/appdata/hassio
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Rchiil wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 16:49 Ok so tried to sort root access out to get access to root, if I login with root via terminal or putty or sfcp I can not run any commands, I currently am experimenting with home assistant and no matter what I do I cant run any commands wget -q -O - https://install.hacs.xyz | bash - does not work I get this reply every time Command 'cd "/appdata/hassio"'
failed with return code 1 and error message
/bin/bash: line 9: cd: /appdata/hassio: No such file or directory.

infact any command I do reports back as errors of no such file or directory, even if I am staring at it in my face, if I load SFTP I cant even see the root of device all I see are the same folders/files i see in tos file manager am I missing something here, any other nas I have had or have I can see all files via sftp once I have allowed root access.

model is 210
I just tried ssh login to root on f2-221 and get the same results. Can't change directories, list directories or any other simple commands.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
Hi,
What version is your system? You can try to use "cd /" when logging in with admin, and then use "sudo -i" or "sudo su" to switch to the root user.
Can you use ‘cd /mnt/md0/appdata/’ to go to appdata and then use ‘ls’ to see hassio?
Can't the simple commands like ‘mkdir’ be used in the public and appdata shared folders?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMRyan

I'm on 4.2.14

That worked. My syntax was off. Thanks.