Hibernation not working?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
blur

Re: Hibernation not working?

Post by blur »

Here's my list of processes.
Attachments
Processes.zip
(197.81 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you very much!
Will study it and come back to you soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi blur,
We had a deep looking on your process, but nothing wrong found there, no service or application in the list may stop drives sleep.
But one thing I forgot to tell you, if you do not sign out the TOS web page and close it, your TNAS will be kept connecting with your
PC, that may lead to drive hibernation fails.
so please try to close your web page after you sign out from TOS, drive hibernation could happen.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

donsenilo wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 23:37 a screenshot is not possible, insert as text is not possible, pdf- and textfileattachment also.
here is the pdf-file as rar-file: 资源监控.rar

I really hope it helps because it was very complicated
have you found anything in my processes ?
Terramaster F4-210
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

donsenilo wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 23:36
donsenilo wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 23:37 a screenshot is not possible, insert as text is not possible, pdf- and textfileattachment also.
here is the pdf-file as rar-file: 资源监控.rar

I really hope it helps because it was very complicated
have you found anything in my processes ?
hi donsenilo, sorry we just evaluated your process output today. Your system is quite clean, except of some system default processes, we did not find any other application running on your TNAS. So for the drive hibernation, please make sure you sign out from TOS and close your web page, and disconnect mobile app on your phone.
blur

Post by blur »

I shut the NAS down and restarted it. Despite never logging in via the web interface, the disks were still active after several hours. I'm now testing it with the network cable disconnected and will post the results tomorrow.
blur

Post by blur »

blur wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 05:29 I'm now testing it with the network cable disconnected
That didn't work either. The network cable has been disconnected since before the reboot, and the device had 10 hours uptime since. The disks are still not hibernating and all disk indicator lights are constantly lit. This should prove that the issue isn't caused by outside connections.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi blur,
Thank you very much for your feedback!
We may know where is the problem. Our current solution does not work for some models of drive, we will fix this issue in next version soon.
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

TMroy wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 12:24 Hi blur,
Thank you very much for your feedback!
We may know where is the problem. Our current solution does not work for some models of drive, we will fix this issue in next version soon.
Thats good news. I hope "soon" will be soon.
Terramaster F4-210
blur

Post by blur »

ST4000VN008-2DR166
TMroy wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 12:24 We may know where is the problem. Our current solution does not work for some models of drive, we will fix this issue in next version soon.
Great news. FYI my drives are Seagate IronWolf ST4000VN008-2DR166.