Hibernation not working?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Hibernation not working?

Post by TMS »

SteveJY wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 20:53 If there any work around for this? Is there any way to keep it connected to my PC, but still have it hibernate when not in use, and only spin up the drives when I actually need it?
Can't do this currently.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
dmderev

Post by dmderev »

I was debugging the issue about half a year ago. I did some configuration software workarounds, and it made it more usable. One of the things I also did is to add 10 and 15 mins spindown timeouts, and provided developers' feedback on it. I updated today the software and I expected that these shorter spindown would be available in UI. Still the minimum timeout is 30 minutes. Is it possible to add these shorter settings - they will be very helpful when the drive is only occasionally used. MTroy?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dmderev
Thank you! we will take the shorter time for hibernation into consideration in future releases.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

Having been running my TNAS for sometime now I thought I would see how the spin-down is behaving.

Considering that this is a home system, that is mainly used for backups, the conclusion is "not very good"
Power_On_Hours = 1003
Head_Flying_Hours = 944
The drives have been spinning for 94% of their power on time :O
2021-04-15 17_09_45-Desktop - TOS.png
They are "Seagate IronWolf 3TB NAS Hard Drive 3.5" SATA III 6GB's 5900RPM 64MB Cache" drives

I may have to start monitoring my Ubuntu server for comparison.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
FO876

Post by FO876 »

Hello,

I have recently added two more drives to my F4-210 and have noticed that it always seems to be running even though I have the sleep mode set to 30 minutes.

So I found this thread and I'm just curious if others are still experiencing this problem?!?!?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Please refer to this article viewtopic.php?f=75&t=473
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @