issue with Domain/LDAP

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
SmoothRunningz

issue with Domain/LDAP

Post by SmoothRunningz »

I have TOS 4.2.13
When I join my F5-421 to my Windows domain I noticed there are a few major issues.

1. Under the Domain/LDAP it now shows Domain User and Domain Group (it should be Groups not Group..) There are no groups appearing under Domain Group.
2. How do I add Domain Users to any of the Shared Folders (which should be Folders not Folder). When I go inside the Shared Folder and select Shared Folder (again) and select my usbshare1 and select Edit and go to the Permissions tab all I have is the local users and groups permissions I don't have the LDAP users and groups.
3. When I got to the normal User and User Group privileges there is no option to add users and or groups from the Domain/LDAP. I have seen this before on Seagate NAS software where it pulls the info into the local user/group and applies it to the shares.
SmoothRunningz

Re: issue with Domain/LDAP

Post by SmoothRunningz »

I just realized that I have to go into Domain Users and select the user and hit Edit to give them permissions but found a bug.

Domain users don't have access to the USB shared drives. I can see the drive \\nas-name\ but cannot set the read/write permissions on it so I cannot get into it. And there is no option for the USBsahare when edit the permissions on the specific user.

Domain groups still do not appear. Would be best to set the permissions for "domain users" say then to have to select each individual user.
SmoothRunningz

Post by SmoothRunningz »

And after adding R/W to a folder under Domain Users, hitting Apply and verifying I can access it, when I go back into the Domain Users and check the users permissions again (select the user and hit edit, then select permissions) the folder that R/W was applied to now shows up as Deny.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The domain/LDAP feature will be optimized in the coming 4.2.14 release shortly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)