F4-210 reboots for no apparent reason

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
ianbhenderson73

F4-210 reboots for no apparent reason

Post by ianbhenderson73 »

Hi

I've got an F4-210 with two 4-TB WD RED HDDs in it. Everything has been running fine since I got the unit back in April. I've got it configured to automatically switch off at 4am every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and switch back on 5 minutes later, just to keep it all fresh.

However, the unit rebooted itself without any intervention from me at around 4pm yesterday. Today, it's done it multiple times. I've checked the two drives and they're both reporting as being in a Good state. I've also checked the capacities available - Volume 1 reports having 1.25/3.58Tb available while Volume 2 reports having 2.21/3.58Tb available, so I don't think that's the issue.

A check on the hardware information shows that the device has a CPU temperature of 35 degrees C and a disk temperature of 30 degrees C, so I can't see that it would be an overheating issue. A check on the software version shows that I'm currently running TOS version 4.2.08-2101111540 which the unit claims is the most recent version.

As I'm writing this, the unit is stabilised, but I'm wondering what's causing it to randomly restart like that without any user intervention.

Thanks in advance.
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: F4-210 reboots for no apparent reason

Post by sianderson »

mine rebooted the other day, but i was putting it under strain for running multiple backups back to a clean USB drive so i think i just overloaded the processor or something like that, it completed the backups one at a time after that without any problems and hasnt rebooted since
F2-210

ianbhenderson73

Post by ianbhenderson73 »

Yeah, mine wasn’t doing anything.

If it had happened a month or so back when I was ripping and storing Blu-ray and DVDs I might’ve understood but i wasn’t.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Not sure what happened to your device. Do you want a remote session from our tech team? if yes, please email to them to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ianbhenderson73
It will be appreciated if you can take a small video to show us the rebooting issue and send it to support(at)terra-master.com. It's possible the issue of the power button, we'd like to check it first. Please also find the S/N at the bottom of the device and send it to us.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)