LDAP / External Storage setup/usage?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
SmoothRunningz

LDAP / External Storage setup/usage?

Post by SmoothRunningz »

I cannot seem to post in the FAQ User Guides forum so I will ask here.

I am running TOS 4.2.13 and a F5-422

How do setup LDAP to work with Windows 2019 Server Active Directory?

With respect to External Storage, if I plug in a 5TB USB 3.0 hard drive do I need to format it as a EXT4, fat32, or exFAT? The drive comes formatted in NTFS by Seagate. And how do I access the storage? I don't see any option to add it to the pool other than it just shows up in External Storage with no options; I am testing with an 250GB SSD right now.

Thanks,
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: LDAP / External Storage setup/usage?

Post by TMS »

LDAP feature is being repaired and the hard disk file format is NTFS, you can browse files in file management.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}SmoothRunningz
You can't add USB storage into TNAS storage pool at the moment, doesn't matter what kind of file system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SmoothRunningz

Post by SmoothRunningz »

So I am confused. Why when I go to format my drives using the TerraMaster it only gives me an option for EXT4, Fat32, and exFAT, why there isn't an option for for NTFS?

And are you saying the LDAP feature doesn't work? So how do people configure their NAS boxes to work in Windows environments?

Thanks,
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

SmoothRunningz wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:41 How do setup LDAP to work with Windows 2019 Server Active Directory?
I made a mistake, you can use Domain and tnas joins Windows domain.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @