Can't access TNAS login suddenly

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
cwwoodsy

Can't access TNAS login suddenly

Post by cwwoodsy »

Hello,

It seems as if I'm having the exact same issue described on the following thread. I don't see a resolution - is there anything I can do to fix it?
viewtopic.php?t=931#p4561

When I go to log in, I'm presented with the following screen:
842d42b98876f581333]2�:�PB���8uJ!`#F���4���B���D��ԆFO���,+�M� W5 ���P ��f��=z����+V�p^�ݧ�����k2h"�6�Ų!ܓK���B�>&kj��/)����� �I��t������_X:���z�t[�Fm�ԟ4�Ƽu�!�͠��n��7]Ҕ��ۜ����K���SA�o��z��Z�" ��w���]�{?%M2M�"��[�G,'���"8`�@]�%����]Darue��!�rT��{'�K���š;���a���x�����w���B�E#��V��u��U�7ƁKj78�+���^��!���

There's no login prompt - just that gibberish. However, everything still seems to be running on the server. I can access my files, and I have a couple containers running that seem to be fine. If you have any solutions, I'll be happy to hear them - thanks!
infoaliste
Spain

Re: Can't access TNAS login suddenly

Post by infoaliste »

The first thing I would try is to clear the browser cache or try another browser.
cwwoodsy

Post by cwwoodsy »

Thanks for the quick response! Did that. I tried in a private browser window, cleared the cache, and tried in multiple browsers. Same thing.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
We infer that some system files may be damaged. Currently, you can only reinstall the TOS system.
Please refer to this link:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

May I know what happened? what did you do before your device run into issue?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cwwoodsy

Post by cwwoodsy »

I hadn't logged in for probably a week or so before I noticed the issue. The last time I did log in, it was just to initiate a reboot because my plex server was running a little slow... I suppose it was some point after the reboot that the issue started.

I'll try initiating an OS reinstall according to the instructions above... It doesn't leave me with a nice feeling though. It would be nice if there was a simple way I could restore the OS via the command line instead of the process above, which sounds like it has a chance of wiping out my drives.