F2-210 Disappeared from the LAN

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
bidmead
Great Britain

F2-210 Disappeared from the LAN

Post by bidmead »

My first resource when this happens is to carry out a manual shutdown and restart. Normally, I'd expect a NAS to initiate a clean shutdown when I press and hold the power button, with a confirmatory beep when the shutdown process starts.

I can't find any documentation about manual shutdown for TerraMaster. But long-pressing the power button seems to do nothing.

I also note this in this instance, although the green LED on the RJ45 port at the rear is flickering, the four green LEDs on the front panel are steady and showing no signs of activity.

Does anyone here know the best way to cope with this abnormal state? I'm reluctant just to cut the power.

Chris.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-210 Disappeared from the LAN

Post by TMS »

Hi,
1. Click "User" in the upper right corner of the TOS desktop, you can see power off in the options
2. "F2-210 Disappeared from the LAN", I don't understand it, you can describe it in detail(cut a picture description). Is the TNAS PC unable to find the device, or the browser cannot access it?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Apologies for not explaining this clearly.

I had assumed that the title of this entry, "F2-210 Disappeared from the LAN" was enough to convey that the device was no longer accessible through its network connection, the direct implication of this being that I would not be able to "Click "User" in the upper right corner of the TOS desktop" in the way that you suggest.

I didn't think it necessary to report that TNAS PC fails to find the device. This would be the expected behaviour with a NAS that is not responding to network requests.

You'll understand why my only resource was to attempt to shut down the device using the power button. As I have reported, the F2-210 does not respond to this. So I'm leaving it running while I await advice.

My instinct would be to remove the drives while the F2-210 is running and then pull the power chord. Is there a better strategy?

Chris
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Turn off the power, wait a while, plug in the power, turn on the power button, and then restart the TNAS device,can TNAS PC find the device?(Don't pull out the hard drive except under special circumstances)
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks for that very swift response, @TMS. Happy to do this, as the drives appear to be inactive.

On powering up again after approximately 10 minutes the drives have become audibly active again and the two drive lights are flashing.

I can log in again using the previous IP address and both drives are reported as Good. So: Fixed. Many thanks.

But I remain baffled as to what can have happened. Can anyone throw some light on this?

Chris