Unable to initialize as RAID 10

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
rpnawrot

Unable to initialize as RAID 10

Post by rpnawrot »

I am trying to re-initialize my fs-210 4 disk NAS to RAID 10 but the default of raid6 is not allowing me to configure as raid 10..... i Want mirroring in case of a disk failure....... thanking you in advance...
rpnawrot

Re: Unable to initialize as RAID 10

Post by rpnawrot »

according to the manual...... RAID is NOT an item I can select under storage options... see attached
Attachments
2021-04-12_15-43-58.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You should backup your existing files and data first, and then delete the current volume and storage pool to configure the new RAID as RAID10. TOS reinstallation will not get to RAID re-create page.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rpnawrot

Post by rpnawrot »

not a solution..... your comment "TOS reinstallation will not get to RAID re-create page." if TOS wont let me then what will???
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
1. Reinstalling the TOS system will not affect the RAID
2. You need to set up RAID 10, only delete the original RAID (volume and storage pool), then choose to create in the volume and new set up RAID 10
Ps:Please save your data before deleting volumes and storage pools
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rpnawrot
You should backup your existing files and data first, and then delete the current volume and storage pool to configure the new RAID as RAID10.
not a solution..... your comment "TOS reinstallation will not get to RAID re-create page." if TOS wont let me then what will???
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Configuration”