Rsync local folders

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
fox13

Rsync local folders

Post by fox13 »

Hi, can someone help me? I need to set rsync for a folder which is on HDD1 to sync to a folder on HDD2.
Everything what I want is something like this
rsync -a /dir1/ dir2

is there a way how to do it through GUI? or I need to create a script and add it to crontab as I need to run it every day.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Rsync local folders

Post by TMS »

Hi,
1.It can be operated in the GUI, you must first ensure that the two HDDs are Single disk , then create two different volumes and create shared folder individually.such as file 1 select volume one & file 2 select volume two
Finally,go to Control Panel 》 File Service 》Rsync Server and desktop Backup 》 Rsync Backup(configure yourself).
2.But it is not possible to backup regularly. If you use the crontab command, the command will be cleared after the TNAS device is restarted.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Rsync local folders

Post by TMSupport »

Yes, you can set up rsync backup task from HDD1 to HDD2.
1. Ensure that you have created shared folders on your two volumes.
2. Please enable Rsync Server at TOS Control panel- File Services. And add the authorized destination folder there.
3. Then you can create backup task at TOS desktop - Backup- Rsync backup.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)