unable to access after adding new cert

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
deejc

unable to access after adding new cert

Post by deejc »

i added my own certificate via the TOS interface, then i moved my NAS so i shut it down, moved it then restarted it
the TOS interface wasnt working, Luckily i had enabled SSH so i accessed and checked nginx and i see error in the config using nginx -t
it cannot find the cert, i look in /etc/ssls/ and i see only 2 strange files
.crt
.key
i run openssl on the .crt file and i find its my cert, i renamed it to match what nginx thinks it should find and rename the key and now TOS is accessible

but i would have been locked out completely if i had not enabled SSH :!: , this is NOT acceptable :evil: , how would i have got to my data if i didnt have SSH enabled, SMB was enabled and i would have to had buy new nas, copy all the data off etc ...
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: unable to access after adding new cert

Post by TMRyan »

I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this problem.
If you do not enable SSH, you can solve this problem by reinstalling the system.
Reinstalling the system will not affect your data.
We have resolved the issue of abnormalities in some security certificates, and we will release a new version as soon as possible.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
deejc

Re: unable to access after adding new cert

Post by deejc »

Thanks a lot its very worrying for a user to have the TOS stop working luckily I work with Linux all day so I knew how to fix it but normal users would be ina huge panic.
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17

Return to “System Configuration”