Can't login

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't login

Post by TMSupport »

The HDDs could be used directly in the new F2-210 without formatting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

After receiving the new NAS and installing the software without formatting the harddrive. I’m getting the same problem.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

What's your HDD model number?
Please refer to this link and check whether your HDDs are healthy viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

TMSupport wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 10:12 What's your HDD model number?
Please refer to this link and check whether your HDDs are healthy viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
I’ve 2 seagate ironwolf 4tb
I’ll watch to my hdd’s
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

According to the seagate tools nothing wrong with the HDD’s.
So how can we solve this problem..
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

When I had similar scenario with f2-221 which was replaced under warranty, I recreated the file system using ext4 instead of BTRFS. I felt that the BTRFS with snapshots wasn't working well and could have been the source of problems. RAID 1 before and after. The snapshots were physically on disk but TOS frequently lost them.

I do think that BTRFS had faster read/write than ext4 but it could have been bad hardware. I think that the ext4 presents less CPU load than BTRFS. CPU at idle was often in the 20% range; with EXT4 is usually under 5%. TM didn't identify a specific issue with the hardware or software before I switched over to the new hardware.
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

titanrx8 wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 22:10 When I had similar scenario with f2-221 which was replaced under warranty, I recreated the file system using ext4 instead of BTRFS. I felt that the BTRFS with snapshots wasn't working well and could have been the source of problems. RAID 1 before and after. The snapshots were physically on disk but TOS frequently lost them.

I do think that BTRFS had faster read/write than ext4 but it could have been bad hardware. I think that the ext4 presents less CPU load than BTRFS. CPU at idle was often in the 20% range; with EXT4 is usually under 5%. TM didn't identify a specific issue with the hardware or software before I switched over to the new hardware.
Thanks for your message. That looks like the problem. The only thing is that I don’t want to delete my harddrive, because I’m missing some files on the back up drive. For me tis will be the second time of deleting the HDD and don’t want a unstable product. So I hope Terramaster has a solution to make it stable without losing data.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Arjan21 wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 04:18
titanrx8 wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 22:10 When I had similar scenario with f2-221 which was replaced under warranty, I recreated the file system using ext4 instead of BTRFS. I felt that the BTRFS with snapshots wasn't working well and could have been the source of problems. RAID 1 before and after. The snapshots were physically on disk but TOS frequently lost them.

Thanks for your message. That looks like the problem. The only thing is that I don’t want to delete my harddrive, because I’m missing some files on the back up drive. For me tis will be the second time of deleting the HDD and don’t want a unstable product. So I hope Terramaster has a solution to make it stable without losing data.
I understand. I did lose a few days of files when I restored from backup but was able to recreate from other sources. Reminds me I have to back up the TNAS today. Going to try the USB backup for the first time. I've just been using samba to a external drive on a PC so far.

Good luck. BTW, I just sent you a on.
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

Thanks
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport

Do you have a solution for my problem?