F5-221 Admin Account disabled

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
Mkculp

F5-221 Admin Account disabled

Post by Mkculp »

After the 4.2.9 update I tried to login with my user account "michael" and it became disabled and I got the message

"Your account has been disabled! Please contact your system administrator"

After 3 attempts to type my admin password I received the same message. BOTH passwords are the same as my 2 F5-221 are for local home business use only.

It has taken me almost a year to move 48TB of data from inidividual drives to these two and I had originally intended one to backup the other but my data grew across the last year while I was trying to move to these terribly slow NAS units.

I have 28TB on the unit I cannot lose that has me locked out. I can still access it from the file manager on my both my macs and my windows pc but I cannot access the admin console. I was trying to setup a backup between the two when this happened.

PLEASE tell me there is a fix that will not require me to move all of the data off of it or cause me to lose it all.

I'd seriously have to consider shooting myself in the head if its all gone. It would be the end of my business

Much thanks for a quick reply in advance
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: F5-221 Admin Account disabled

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,

First, you can log in to the admin account to check whether michael is disabled.

It is also possible that an error occurred during the update that caused a problem with the home directory.
If it is convenient, you can fix this problem by reinstalling the system: viewtopic.php?f=75&t= 423

Note: Volumes or storage pools cannot be created during the reinstallation process. If you encounter relevant prompts, please cancel immediately.

Finally, you can also send an email to our technical support team, we will handle this problem for you remotely,
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Mkculp

Re: F5-221 Admin Account disabled

Post by Mkculp »

Both Admin and Michael are disabled. I'll read through the reinstall and if I don't think I can do it safely I will email tech support