Two F2-210s on the same LAN cause issues?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
mcgautreau

Two F2-210s on the same LAN cause issues?

Post by mcgautreau »

I have two F2-210s on the same network, and they seem to interfere with one another. If I access one, the other becomes inaccessible, and vice versa. After some time - couple hours maybe - I can access the second one, but the first becomes inaccessible. I've verified they have non-DHCP independent IP addresses. Anyone else been here?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Two F2-210s on the same LAN cause issues?

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
You can try to change the IP of one of the devices and try to log in at the same time.
ip.png
You can also try to turn off DoS protection and try to log in to two devices at the same time.
DoS.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
mcgautreau

Post by mcgautreau »

Tried that, still no luck.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Can TNAS PC search for two F2-210 devices? One can access the other one can not. Can you take a screenshot to illustrate?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
mcgautreau

Post by mcgautreau »

TNAS PC finds them both just fine, as long as I connect the PC and both units to a separate testing router, which is a huge nuisance. I normally run Linux: I only use Windows when I absolutely have to (Win7 with no internet).
Today, both units seem to be responding in Linux, although one has lost its password. Again. (I'm using a non-browser password vault, so it's not a typo.) Now I'm again faced with a factory reset for the third time.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,

Can you check the IP address and MAC address of the two devices? Maybe the Mac address is wrong.

Are the network segments of the IP addresses of your two devices the same? For example, are they all 192.168.1.X?

Are your LAN network segments the same? Is it convenient for you to connect two TNAS to the switch and try it?

Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
mcgautreau

Post by mcgautreau »

There's no MACs printed anywhere on either box that I can see. Both are on the same segment 192.168.86.x/24. Today they are misbehaving again - I can connect to 2, but not to 1. Yesterday, 1 was fine but 2 wouldn't respond. I've tried a factory reset on 2, but it won't respond with the drives pulled. I'll have to jam them into a PC and reformat them I guess. I have to be away for a few days until next week, so I'll pick this up Wednesday or Thursday. Sorry, you can't remote into here - even I can't do that. If push comes to shove, I guess I'll have to sell the second box and live with only one.

Tks
M
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

We have more than 100 running TNAS devices in our office, we never have such issues.
The possibility could be, your TNAS IP address or MAC address conflicts with each other or another device inside your network. Did you ever pull one drive from one TNAS and plug in another TNAS device?
Please refer to this article to troubleshoot.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how- ... -conflicts
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Sounds like an IP conflict but also check the MAC address you can use something like https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/news/ to find all the info, I have two F5s running on the same network with no problems.
mcgautreau

Post by mcgautreau »

Sorry for the delay, I've been away for several days.

So mea culpa and very embarassed :? - the issue was not the MAC but a faulty DHCP reservation; it seems the device was there all along, but DHCP was giving it a different address. I've slapped myself and will pay better attention.

Issue resolved, thanks both for your help.