Connect to Actice Directory

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
ThoHe

Connect to Actice Directory

Post by ThoHe »

I cannot connect with my F2-422 (TOS-Version: 4.2.07-2012241608) to my active directory. I don't know what is the problem. I can't find any logs in the NAS to check what the problem is. In the AD protocol, I cannot determine that the NAS is accessing the AD server.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Connect to Actice Directory

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
You can install the following systems to try:
http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/4.2.07_ADarea.zip
However, please export the user and user group data and refer to the following link before reinstalling the system: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
If you are told that you need to format the hard disk, rebuild the volume, etc., you need to delete data during the operation, please stop the operation and contact us.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
ThoHe

Post by ThoHe »

Hello,
now after installing the patch, the nas is connected and I see it under computers in AD.
But the next problem is, the nas can't read users und usergroups from AD. On the screen for Domain-Users und Domain-Groups, I see only "NO DATA". To click on Domain-Data-refresh has no impact.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Is it okay to have our engineers perform remote inspections for you? Our engineers may be able to help you solve this problem through a remote session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
ThoHe

Post by ThoHe »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMRyan
yes this is OK
thefoxes

Post by thefoxes »

Hi all

Hope you can help

I am now running version 4.2.08-2101111540, having upgraded over the weekend. The update crashed my system and i have to reinstall the TOS software and reinitialise. Thankfully the importing of the "shared folders" on my drives did not lose data (and FTP did show data on my drives) , but a lot of work reconfiguring was required (media servers, email) as local software was required to uninstall and reinstall

Pre-upgrade my NAS connected to my AD / Domain, but now will not

A. Can i check the username format to add to the domain , does it need the domain\username, username.domain or just username

B. I have my NAS running with static IPs , but i have tried with DHCP to see if this help...no. I have also added DNS entry to DNS server , still not helped

C. I have amended the etc/ config files to force DNS first , that still does not work

D. I have a Synology NAS on the same network , that has been added to the domain with no problems

E. i have computers (windows and VMware) that have been added to the domain with no problems

Hope you can help, or will this patch in this thread help me ?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
thefoxes

Post by thefoxes »

Hi there , thanks for coming back to me

No unfortunately I can't do that , are there any logs I can send ..or any configuration I can change
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Yes, but we need more information to troubleshoot, it is better to attach some pictures.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
thefoxes

Post by thefoxes »

I have attached a .zip file , this contains a .doc file of screenshots

many thanks
Attachments
Version.zip
(99.41 KiB) Downloaded 82 times