Connect to Actice Directory

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Connect to Actice Directory

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}thefoxes
Hi, You can try to download this compressed package: http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/AD_domain.zip(Right-click and select "Open this link in a new tab") Then decompress the compressed package. After decompression, follow the operation steps in the text document inside. If it is not resolved, please contact us.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
thefoxes

Post by thefoxes »

Hi

Thanks for this

I have tried it and no it still will not connect to the AD domain .

Oddly it not takes a little longer to say "operation failed"

Can I ask is there any files /folders that are placed on the NAS when it connects to an AD Domain. As before the update I did have it connected ( i do remember it taking a number of attempts though, and cant remember if i changed the nsswitch.conf file) so my thinking could I delete these files to there is no remnants of it being connected before and then retry
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team .
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
thefoxes

Re: Connect to Active Directory

Post by thefoxes »

Hi there

I am sorry i cant do that :(

My further thoughts is it anything to do with IPV6 . On windows machines sometimes this causes issues when adding to active directory. However looking at the ipv6 setting you don't get the option to "disable" , this is "close" , "auto" , "manual" and "4to6". is "closed" referring to disabled , if so the IPV6 address is still present with the network card details .

could we force the NAS box to disable it?
ThoHe

Post by ThoHe »

Sorry,
Your engineer checked it remotely for over 2 hours, and said the problem is the active-directory server, that doesn't accept php. This statement surprises me very much, since the data is transmitted over network, and a programming language should not play any role here. I have now bought a Synology and there were no problems with the connection what so ever. I have returned the TerraMaster-Nas now.